Tuesday, December 20, 2011

news: Flower Boy Band

Clicky to Read
source: Dramabeans


Via Dramabeans, the cast and preview to the next Oh! Boy project series has been revealed. Click any of the above to read about it at Dramabeans.

Since I still see myself as a K-entertainment newbie, I'm not at all familiar with any of the names listed except for Sung Joon who played little brother Hyun Sang Hee in drama series Lie to Me. While the series itself was a big fail, the characters had their moments where the actors tried their best to include heart; it's just unfortunate that there's only so much you can do with characters who have no story. Sung Joon was rather adorable as Sang Hee at all the right times and had great chemistry with Yoon Eun Hye during earlier episodes before we all realized that the series was going nowhere at all.

Being the second project in this Oh! Boy series, however, I'm already seeing a disadvantage. Jung Il Woo was a big name already and has been leading the cast of Flower Boy Ramyun Shop excellently, which was probably what helped make the jump start to the Oh! Boy series so successful. I don't know whether or not we'll be able to beat that grandness that was Jung Il Woo cast as Cha Chi Soo. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that Choi Kang Hyuk (Lee Ki Woo) and Kim Ba Wool (Park Min Woo) have also found their places in all of our hearts as well.

I don't know all of the K-dramaland idols, actors, and entertainers very well, so I might be pre-judging too soon. But I still think that Ramyun Shop is going to be a tough act to follow (pending the concluding two episodes this week).

Nonetheless, I will still check out the Flower Boy Band. We've got a different styling of Flower Boys in this one and hopefully a story line that's just as refreshing and unique as Ramyun Shop had. However, if Sung Joon is the lead of this series, I really DO stand that it won't be easy following in behind Ramyun Shop's Jung Il Woo. I know we shouldn't be biased or anything like that, but as part of the Oh! Boy series of drama series, come on -- there are GOING to be comparisons. That's just human nature -- we ALWAYS try to make comparisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment