Tuesday, December 27, 2011

news: Moon and Sun and Snow and Jung Il Woo...

Goodness has this been a busy last few weeks of December! I keep finding more stuff to blog about (which is not a bad thing). Unfortunately, it's going to make my next few months pale in comparison since I'm planning on slowing down a little. Of course, if a nice new series comparable to City Hunter or Flower Boy Ramyun Shop grabs my attention, then maybe I'll be busy with more articles. At the very least I won't have to resort to filler 'intro info' stuff about series that are two or three years old. Not like I won't try though, cause I've got a lot of posts written to completion (they just need some nice screen caps to go with them).

Anyway, well it has become a daily thing for me to check Dramabeans for new posts on entertainment news, episode recaps... the like. A few weeks ago, I saw this article:

Clicky to read

And since I fell in love with Jung Il Woo's Chasung rich brat in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, the picture and the name "Jung Il Woo" piqued my interest enough to read the article. Reading the description of Jung Il Woo's new role in this The Moon That Embraces the Sun series, penned as a fantasy-sageuk, javabeans notes: "...Jung Il-woo plays [Kim Soo Hyun's] hyung who purposely acts like a frivolous playboy because he doesn’t want people to back him politically and endanger his dongseng.

I was thinking... "Hmm... I may check this out later."

But then other things came up and so I didn't really think about it too much later aside from, "I wonder what Jung Il Woo's newest project will be like."

Today, I read this article:

Clicky to read some more

And I was thinking, "I like kick ass female warriors." I'm a sucker for strong female lead(?) roles. I'm not sure if Yoon Seung Ah is on par with leading lady status since Han Ga In seems to be cast as the heroine of this series, but I'd watch something historical slash fantasy slash very fictional just for a strong female lead. The article says that she will be the bodyguard for Han Ga In's character who plays a shaman. So that could be interesting too.

So now that I've been hooked by the series' concept, I decided to backtrack a little and so I read this next article:

One last clicky

From Dramabeans:
Casting has been revealed for the upcoming sageuk drama Moon That Embraces the Sun, which is adapted from a novel by Jung Eun-gwol, the writer who wrote The Lives of Sungkyunkwan’s Scholars, the novel that gave us Sungkyunkwan Scandal. Phew, that’s a mouthful. Basically: Sungkyunkwan Scandal v.2.0 in the works? Yes, please!

What the...? Where was I when this was announced? This is basically saying, "From the creators of Sungkyunkwan Scandal..." and that means that, if the drama series is shot in any way similar to how SKKS turned out (sans ending), then we're in for a fancy fun ride. On top of that, we've got a kick butt female swordsman, the ever welcome Jung Il Woo with that intriguing character description (pretending to be a flirty playboy to protect the little brother? Hell yea!), and I've heard so much fawning about Kim Soo Hyun's acting skills. (I'm closer to considering watching Dream High just to see what this Kim Soo Hyun is all about!)

I'm totally in now. The next few months may prove eventful after all! January 4? I'm marking my calendar for that... well, a week after since English translations take a little while to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment